Monday, June 12, 2006

A Book for Remembering

Last week I received my order of "for my Grandchild. A GRANDMOTHER'S GIFT OF MEMORY" books. I ordered one for myself and two for friends who are also Grannies. I learned of this book through a newspaper article that referred me to AARP to buy it (which then directs you to Barnes & Noble). If you buy it through AARP, it is less than $10 per copy.
So what is this book? It is a place for you to record all the facts and fun and photos all about YOU to give to your grandchild(ren). It is kind of the opposite of one of those Baby Books that you filled out for your kids way back when.
From the cover flap: "Today's grandmothers lead full and active lives that include everything from working and traveling to taking classes and volunteering". Thay got MY attention! Sounded like they were writing about me! Anyhow, I'm looking forward to filling my book(s) and handing them out, maybe as birthday presents for the older grandkids -- along with their normal present, of course.

No comments: