Thursday, June 22, 2006

We're going to Scotland!

My husband Don had a birthday a few weeks back. He's NOT the easiest guy to buy for. If he wants something he just goes and gets it. This year, I finally found something unique that he was wild about. Using HIS frequent flyer miles :>) I arranged a trip for us to go to Scotland. I had read in the Wall Street Journal about a scotch distillery on Islay where you can go and live on the premises including all of your accommodation, meals and BAR for 4 days whilst working side-by-side with the employees to make Scotch Whisky!!
With dogged determination, I was able put the whole thing together for him as a surprise. We'll go in September We’ll also do the scotch whisky trail and a night in Glasgow and 3 in Edinburgh. Can’t wait! Neither of us has been there before.
Yippee!

No comments: